Monday 26 October 2009

Must see makers!

There was some fantastic makers at the Great Northern Contemporary Fair, such a varied range of work. There were some makers stands in particular that I loved and kept going back to in admiration of their work. Below I have listed there websites. Check them out!

Liesel Barker
Kiln infused printed glass set into contemporary jewellery

Liesel Barker
I was very lucky to have my stand opposite to this fantastic maker, her stand was always busy!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sangeun Kim www.sangeunkim.com
Innovative magnetic jewellery with vibrant colours of enamel

Sangeun Kim
I must have visited her stand about a dozen times, I love her inspiration and the jewellery is so
unusual.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Navdeep Dhiman www.navdeepdhiman.co.uk
Products made from resin and thread.

Navdeep Dhiman

Her stand was lovely and simple, I loved the work so much I treated myself and bought a necklace!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rachel Gornall www.rachelgornall.co.uk
Vibrant textile artworks
Rachel Gornall
I checked out her website before the fair and knew I had to go and see it. The work did not disappoint, fantastic detail up close!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Debbie Smyth www.debbiesmyth.blogspot.com

Sophisticated artworks created by stretching a network of threads between accurately plotted pins.


Debbie Smyth

One of the most original stands, her work definitely stood out and deserved to win an award. I will definitely be following her blog!








No comments:

Post a Comment